Friday, March 9, 2012

Thinking Too Much. . .

Wow, this is what happens when I can't fall asleep. I post!

Probably a good thing since I just read my last post from, let me check, a whole year ago! I find it extremely comical that I just can't seem to get sincerely invested in my blog. I think it's because I still don't really know what I'm supposed to do with it. Everyone else's blogs look so cute, and put together. I just need to figure out how to format and organize everything. Tricky little things, blogs. It can't seem to do what I want it to do when I want it to do it.
Anyways, it's almost 2am and I can't seem to shut my brain off. It's ridiculous how that happens. I get to a certain point each semester where this horrible case of insomnia just takes over my mind and no matter how hard I try, sleep is useless and unattainable. With taking 15 credits, and having a supporting role in a play on campus, and designing costumes for another production, and trying to make it all work, my mind is simply overloaded. I'm also feeling a tad needy at the moment.
You know, feeling like I need someone to be aware of me at all times; to notice what I'm feeling by just looking at me. A person who tries to fix the aches and pains of everyday life with a simple hug that you never want to end? That kind of neediness has overcome me this whole week, and it's unbearable. These are the moments when I wish I was married, because maybe then I would have a solution to end the sorrow. But I'm not sad, just... needy.
In all seriousness though, I am doing wonderful. We're going into tech week for the show next week, and it looks great. The show is coming along so nicely, and we've been able to really perfect and fine tune because of all the time we have. My costumes for the other show look great and people love them. Everything fits and I have a great girl working on the coordination of the quick changes and I've officially put everything in her hands since I can't be there next week. They start makeup tomorrow for a full dress rehearsal, so I'm going to pop in a take a peek to make sure they're doing what I want. Other than that, my obligation to that show is finished.
What might have me still going is the auditions I went through this week. 3 days.. 3 auditions.. and I have no CLUE where I stand with the director. It's really aggravating to know you did an EXCELLENT, and I mean EXCELLENT job on your pieces and the choreography, and you have too many conflicts to be consider for a lead role. The only reason I have conflicts is because I'm in a show on campus and I wasn't expecting auditions for next semester to be RIGHT DURING MY PERFORMANCES! Calm.. I'm calm.. but it's been good for me to learn how to juggle a rehearsal and an audition at the same time, because that's how professional theater works. You are constantly auditioning for that next part. It's amazing to me how far I've come in this industry in so little time. Just 4 years ago I was auditioning at my high school for my first ever role in a play, and now I'm overlapping rehearsals and shows... I've been so extraordinarily blessed, and I couldn't be more grateful.
I've started to yawn so I think that means I've spoken my mind and I can go to bed.

NIGHT ALL!
Kelly <3

No comments:

Post a Comment