Monday, February 28, 2011

A Package!


Silly things, packages. People sending us things that we think we so desperately need or they could be just little surprises. In my case, they were both.
Momma and Daddy sent me a package just last week with some essentials that I had asked for, but then, as always, Daddy stuffed it full of little goodies, Momma too ;)
I come to find that my scripture case isn't just full of my baptism scriptures, but Egg flower and Miso soup mixes, four comics from Momma's daily calendar, a miniature tub of pink cotton candy, and... (shudder..) Chocolate Covered Gummy Bears.
Has anyone else eaten these little morsels? I took one bite this morning, thinking I would find marshmallows on the inside but instead bit into a lime flavored chocolate covered bear... ick. I appreciated greatly that my parents thought I might loves these little things, but oh no.. unfortunately I am right with my mother when I cringe at the thought of gummy anything being covered in chocolate.
Other than that, today was pleasant. I was able to get to all of my classes, and get a fair amount of cleaning done before Family Home Evening later tonight. It was sprung on us at around 4 that "Oh yeah FHE's at your apartment! You have the lesson. Thanks" Well, that's just peachy for you isn't it?...
So I did the dishes, picked up a little in the living room, and made sure I got most of my homework done before everyone came over, which now included a lesson for this evening... I turned to the new Ensign we just recieved this Sunday. A wonderful talk by president Uchtdorf came to my rescue. I read the article and then lead a decent little discussion. I was just so grateful that everyone in our "Family" participated. I got plenty of compliments and I was just thankful I made it through...
Well, I procrastinated... again. As I was completing the critique of a play I needed to see for a class that is due by 5 tomorrow, my wonderful roommates decided to entice me with a viewing of Pride and Prejudice. I couldn't resist.. So, I saved my work and settled into the couch. We ended up, some how, using each other as the others pillow and practically falling asleep before the end of the movie.
But now it is 12am and I'm off to bed. Hopefully I can keep up with my posts. Thanks to all who read! I was shocked when my mother kept telling me how many people came to her and were so sad that I stopped posting for a while. I really didn't think anyone thought that much of my posts. Now, if I had some followers, I'll post everyday!!! So if you are a constant reader of my blog, then please scroll down and find a cute little section where you'll see those who follow me, and please take the time to become the next one!

Love and miss all my friend's and Family,
Kelly

1 comment: