Thursday, August 19, 2010

Magical Chaos... The Joy's of a New World


OK... wow. So let me fill you in on the last couple of days... trust me, it's a doozy.

Now I flew from Sacramento to Orlando ALL DAY on tuesday and settled at a lovely resort called the Regal Sun on Disney property. Very nice if I do say so myself. That bed could not have felt better after all that traveling. After settleing into the room for a minute, I sat down and paused and thought oh my goodness, I'm in a hotel room, in Florida, working for Disney World with one of my best friends.... and no parents... it was a little thrilling to think that I'm spending the night in a beautiful hotel room with a girl friend and my parents wont be sleeping in the bed next to mine... wow.
So we wake up the next morning and have a quick little bite to eat in the lobby, and then the fun began... alright now we got ready and headed off to get a cab. Ok, this was my first ever cab ride and it was pretty nice! We got our hotel to grab one for us and they got us a beautiful Excursion with plenty of room for our 200lbs of stuff we brought with us.
We arrive at the check-in point at Vista Way apartments and we go through this HUGE check-in process ( getting keys, apt #, signing paperwork, being carted around from one building to the next... very complicated.. BUT WE DID IT!) So we get through this huge process which started at 9:00am and ended shortly after 12:00pm.
Now, our apartment is absolutely beautiful, and we probably have the biggest bathroom known to college students because it's basically a master suite with a huge walk in closet and takes up the entire back wall of the apartment. So nice, and I only have to share it with Emily! Perfect!
So that night we meet up with some friends to go get some ice cream at one of the resorts...

This is what we ordered....

For ten people... we ordered two... I felt like I was going to burst by the end of it. BUT IT WAS AWESOME!!! Eight scoops of ice cream, a full can of whip cream and every topping they had! Ah-mazing! ( The Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club Resort)
After getting completely Chocolate Wasted, we headed back to the apartment to sleep it all off.
Thursday was exciting for the sheer fact that we had no food in the house and we needed desperately to go to Walmart. After going through practically every food isle and getting a couple cleaning essentials, we ended up spending $90 for the both of us! Quite spectacular. The problem was getting it all home... with no car... taking buses... oh, boy...
That's Emily with half the groceries on our bus. I had just that much on my arms... can't believe we actually carried all that home...
So then we decided to take naps after that long journey. And when we awoke, we had many asking if we wanted to explore Downtown Disney! Of course we would, we replied!
Oh so much fun... :)
Now the next morning was my first day of work, aka: Orientation/Traditions. Now, they took me to a lot of places I can't say on the web, but I was giddy like a school girl when I saw Cinderella's Castle for the first time! Now, when we got back they started talking about a lot of different things we needed to know, and then there was a knock on the door and there was this huge present box with a bow on it, and then out the other door came in MICKEY MOUSE! THE BOSS HIMSELF!!! It was so cool!!!! Then he told us that the present was our NAME TAGS!!! I screamed.. I really did. I could not keep composure at that point. I'M WORKING FOR DISNEY WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment