Thursday, August 12, 2010

Home Again! ... Home Again...

So the thrill of being home again has kind of worn off. Not for the fact that I've had my wisdom teeth taken out just two weeks ago, but for the fact that in the three weeks that I've been home, I've gained back 8lbs...
Now mind you this isn't a complete shock. I haven't been doing much exercise ( if any at all... does shopping count?) and I've eaten just about anything that's put in front of my face, and with my mother cooking most of my meals, I've probably downed enough calories to make a sickly child in Taiwan pretty plump. Now this is a little discouraging after having put up that last post about me losing so much over the last 6 months, but it's only 8 lbs, not 80. I've gone from a size 22 to a snug 12 ( I know it says 10 in the previous post. You can thank my mother's wonderful cooking for the added size... Love you mom.. Grrrr) But this is something I knew I'd have to deal with when I finally finished my first year of College.

Returning to the real world...

For the past six months, I have lived in what we BYU kids like to call the "Rexburg Bubble". Nothing comes in, and nothing goes out. It's this perfect little world that you create for yourself, and in my case that included eating a fair amount of veggies and fruit, and drinking so much water I was peeing like a camel all day. It also meant that I was walking up this treacherous (ok.. maybe mildly steep... a hill) mountain, everyday to get to my dorm, 3-4 times a day! I also had a set aside hour to work out on the Cardio Machines. I readjusted my life up there to suit my wants and needs of gaining a healthy lifestyle, something that is near impossible to do when I am around friends and family at home. Not because it's their fault, but because they have their own routines too, and I was involved in the same routines when I lived here. I can't expect to change everything I've lived with for 18 solid years in just three weeks! Like I said, near impossible.

I've found that I'm the kind of person who enjoys change. Ever since I was little, I liked changing things up. I don't think there has ever been a school year where I didn't rearrange the furniture in my room during the Christmas break. I also like fresh starts. Back to school was always like Christmas for me. New back pack, new clothes, new pencils, binders, books, paper, and a new start to maybe get that principals honor roll ( never happened... life sucks...) but I have come to see that I do well when my surrounding change. This is why I am so grateful that I have the fantastic opportunity to work for Disney World, and live in an entirely new environment for FIVE WHOLE MONTHS! I am hoping that this drastic change in scenery will open up a new chapter in my journey for that long awaited goal weight of 120. I've come this far... no turnin' back.... So Eat My Fat, Calories :D !

This is Kjoy signing out!

Love and Peace <3

1 comment: